CD Autochanger Data lead

Hello all,

Having had me CD autochanger jam recently (CD ERROR in the head display), I have thought of getting an iPod, and connecting that into my Disco when on the move.

I was wondering if anyone knows of the pin-outs for the data lead from the CD Autochanger. Presumably, if I could get the connectors (anyone?) I could make a lead up to plug the audio out of the iPod in the place of the audio out from the CD autochanger.

This would obviously save the need for a naff dummy cassette style method of connecting the iPod, or using one of these FM transmitters (which are illegal in the UK)

Many thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Sillitto

Hi Richard,

It's even easier than that.

When you get ytour iPod also buy an iPod transmitter, a small attachment that fits into the sound out port of the iPod. This will transmit the sound to your car antenna and you can listen to the music on your normal radio. I emclose a couple of web sites where you can buy thiese transmitters, but in OZ you can buy them at any apple store.

Web sites below.

John Fenn York WA

<johnfenn