centeral locking

can you help?, my j plate discovery`s centeral locking door`s stoped working first the two back door`s, then the passenger side, then the doot, then the driver`s all over a two week period and now they only work manualy with the key, thanks for any help

Reply to
g.rooney

I assume you have central locking with remote key fob........From my experience, if one central locking unit goes then the others get a permanent power supply and eventually burn out, that is maybe what has happened to your disco. I had that with a 1997 Range, the passenger side stopped working and then a week later the drivers side packed up. Result: both locking units had to be renewed. Cost approx. 180? each (for range rover here in germany)

Was I any help to you???

Lobby

"g.rooney" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cOI5b.1254$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep1-gui.server.ntli.net...

Reply to
Lobby

Probably just the motors giving up. The Landrover parts are lots of dosh but you can buy perfectly compatible replacements from Maplin for less than a tenner each. Take about fifteen minutes to fit.

Have a look at their website.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

We discovered that it was only the drivers door motor that needed replacing(took the one off the Range Rover to check). The replacement we got at one of the land rover shows and is still rolling around in the back of the car.

Reply to
Nikki