Central door lock 2001 Td5: which trigger wire?

Hi all,

I want to fit a central door locking system to my 2001 Td5 (soft top). It has a green Alarm ECU (with fobs). I need to know now which terminal on the Alarm ECU triggers the central door locking mechanism.

Although central door locking is an option as from Model Year 2002, I assume the Alarm ECU is already prepared for this.

The RAVE CD covering model Year2002 should answer this question, unfortunately I haven't got this one.

Regards Rob

Reply to
Rob Kuijpers

Rob

The pre-2002 Alarm ECU isn't equipped for central locking, you'd need to replace it (and reprogram it to the engine ECU) with the 2002 spec Alarm ECU, which is YWC106280.

Martin

--

1988 90 Td5 NAS Replica
Martin Lewis

I now used terminal 20 of the lefthand connector of the Alarm ECU (the grey connector C0061). This terminal normally powers the volumetric sensor. My soft top has no such sensor, but the wire harness is there. It carries 12 V as soon as the alarm is activated. Now it feeds the Central Door Locking logic. It works fine!

Cheers Rob

Reply to
Rob Kuijpers

I suppose that's one way to do it... I might have to do that one mine if/when I fit central locking.

Need to fix the engine first.....

Martin

--

1988 90 Td5 NAS Replica