Central Locking - 98 Range Rover 4.6HSE

Hi,

A central locking problem has just started on my vehicle. The key fob will open and close the rear doors and the locking knobs on the doors move as they should when the key fob is pressed. Neither of the front doors respond to the key fob - no unlock/lock functionality and the locking knobs fail to move.

I've looked in the book, the RAVE CD etc and the only fuse listed refers to central locking specifically for the rear doors (Fuse 14) and they work!

Grateful for any ideas. In the meantime I'll look at each of them to check.

Regards

AlanC

Reply to
AlanC

I'd be surprised if the rear doors are fused and the fronts aren't. As the system is working ie rears workas they should it must be something to do with the fronts like a blown fuse, leading to no power at the locks or broken wire or failed connector stopping the "unlock" signal reaching the locks.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A common problem on the 38A. IIRC the motors in the door locks die and you need to replace them.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M