Chaucer's Land Rover...

There was muche of snawe and ise in thos farr off dayse. There was a scrivener of Londoun yclept Geoffroy Chauser, and he a Lande Roverre hadde. On a daye, he gotte stucke in a drifte of snawe and was sore pyssed offe. With muche lucke, there was a compagnie who could supplye the kitte:

"Welcome to our superb range of "fast fit" Weissenfels Snowchains, we supply snow chains for Cars, 4x4's and Vans. Weissenfels have been established snow chain manufacturers since 1462, so the expertise gained over such a long period is enormous."

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:40:00 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

Cloff!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Richard, thought you knew my ancient horse had them ;-) Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Eny fule kno that Chaucer died in about 1430. The chains came 32 years too late.

Reply to
Dave P

Perchaunce alack and rue the daye Had I the chains last Christmastide I would not for mine rescue then abide Nor would I ever have to paye Ye price of an new laurel hege Which smitten was on roades edge. When carriage did not as I bade And ran amuck, oh twas so sad.

Reply to
Larry

Hehe yes I remember you posting about that little incident, excellent verse, almost spat me beer all over the monitor!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

...and Larry spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Larry, that's really very good. I'm impressed.

Reply to
Richard Brookman