Cheap truck cab?

Wotcher all, am looking for a truck cab for the Defender again, does anyone have one in the South West of England area? I'm tight-fisted so not prepared to pay much, or I'd be on ebay with the rest. I almost had one, was supposed to pick up this weekend just gone but the seller had a change of heart at the last moment, or rather had it changed for him!

There's a host of cheap series landy truck cabs, can't remember if they fit or not though. Anyone know?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

doors are the same size and they are the same width so i think a series one should fit fine.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I did a bit of googling and apparently the windscreen is very different so it's not practical, you can fit a Defender one to a series but it involves replacing the series windscreen with a Defender one.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

If that's the case then it should be possible to fit a series truck cab if you also use the series windscreen on the Defender. I think a friend of mine still has one for sale (Defender type) but he's east of Manchester.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Yes. The windscreen is different, so the roof is not interchangeable. The rear cab section, however, is interchangeable. See

JD

Reply to
JD

On or around Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:28:10 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

roof's different as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Got a blue one with tailgate £100.00 only problem is location, J8 M25 Surrey

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

Cheers Andy, I'll bear it in mind, although it's a tad too far for me, at least a good 3 hours' drive.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings