Cheapest Disco 2 headlamp conversion

To the last type, anyone know any places that do the kit at the right price?

Ta

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"No, I'm Brian"

Reply to
Nige

From memory (and assuming you are not talking about a xenon conversion), you need...

2 headlamps (£135 each main dealer) 2 filler strips (not sure, £25 the pair BICBW) connector thingy - I think it's all one connector on the new ones, rather than separate headlamp and indicator.

When I was considering this (on my 300 series) the parts man was very helpful and let me lift the bonnet on a couple of forecourt cars to see what was what. He also had the parts explosion on his computer, which showed what was needed. It was much more complex for the 300 series!

He also said that one of the mechanics had done his and it was pretty easy. You'll get a few quid back for your headlights on ebay too (they are about £38 for Series II ones from memory).

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Hows $125 US online for 2 disco2 headlamps for a disco 1 with bulbs.

How much for a left heated power side mirror and or a headlight washer motor, any one know where I can get them ty

Reply to
news

Disco 1 and 2 headlamps are identical except for the black inserts in the Disco 2 ones which make them look a bit 'newer'.

£38 from the main dealer, so $125 is OK, but probably not worth the effort of shipping etc. Probably rather cheaper from Beamends or similar.
Reply to
Tim Hobbs