choke and cold start

hi y'all

im a confused.

my SWB S3D (N reg) has a cold start light activated by turning the key to the right and indicated by a fancy orange light and a choke. can someone help me through the approppriateness of one over teh other and when to use. it seems a little like over-egging of the pudding!

those who have seen my name before may recall im a bit clueless but keen to learn.

many tks I A

teddave

Reply to
teddave

The orange light tells you when the glow plugs are heating up. What you call the choke is actually a fuel cut off lever. When pulled out it stops fuel getting into the engine. Do you have trouble starting your SIII? Unless you have the lever pushed in and heat the glow starters it is not going to work too well.

Come to think of it, how do you stop the engine? Has it been running since you first started it? SIIIs are difficult things to stall, do you drive it into a big tree every time you want to stop the enging?

I'm also confused DavidM

Reply to
DavidM

haha!

and now the dreadful truth. the landy has been sat outside for weeks and weeks and . . . its a bit sad.

however friend and i got under the hood today and got her going after some 'issues'. truth is its been so long that id forgotton that the 'choke' did that!!! sorry guys.

like i said: bit stupid! but keen to learn

tks folks

teddave

Reply to
teddave