Christmas laning day

27th December, I can make that, I'm away from the 29th. Be nice to meet up over the period. We can bring cakes & turkey.

Location, around Stanage edge etc.

Any takers?

Reply to
Nige

Nige, see my other post, Stanage edge is a no go in a P38 matey

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Keep the disco!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

It can be done, easily. I have no fear.

Reply to
Nige

Seriously it cant, not unless you are relaxed about underbody damage, the rocks are very severe. I wouldn't take a D3 or P38 etc.

Reply to
Andy

Andy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I got Morph stuck on the diff down there on 9.00's.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Possibly.

We were staying in Barlow this weekend, near(ish) to Stanage, and did a few small lanes including the Houndkirk road, but couldn't see (on OS Memory Map) where there was a legal way over Stanage edge, either above or below.

I'd like to know if it's actually legal for 4x4's to use before doing it.

Actually, just looking on my desktop MM as I type this and there _is_ a byway marked, going up past Redmires res to Stanage Pole then over part of the edge to drop down, via a ford, to the lower road ... if this is the way then I'm definitely game, can anyone confirm this?

Dunno why it wasn't on the PDA/Laptop maps ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Maybe not then!

Reply to
Nige

Front or rear ?

I'm not going to scratch the paint on MY front axle, thangyouvermuch. ;-) Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Hi Paul,

This route was mentioned in the 101 club's private membership area, so I can't post a link, but the start and end points are from SK 25635 85260 to SK 22690 84300

Does that fit ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

It certainly does, many thanks.

That's me definitely interested then ... ;)

Strangely, just looked again on my PDA and the lane is there ... I guess it's something to do with synchronisation, or me just being a numpty and not seeing it, but whatever, just wish I'd had/seen it this weekend.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Front, no damage, another thou and it would have been free, but enough to allow the tyres to lose grip. I kicked a couple of big rocks under the tryes and self recovered. All over so quickly that Chris who was chatting to ramblers instead of spotting didn't even notice.

I've see your offroading -- it's the rest of the 101 I worry about!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ooh you bitch.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

If anyone wants it there is a jpg of the OS map for the lane ... might help someone.

Paul - xxx

I see from Stanedge Pool west it's only marked as "Other routes with public access" rather than a BOAT that it is to the east...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I noticed ... but I guess it could be argued that the map shows an unmetalled / unclassified road and providing there are no specific prohibition notices posted at either end then I think it'd be OK and legal to use.

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Under Public Rights of Way:

"The representation on this map of any other road, track or path is no evidence of the existence of a right of way."

Combine that with the "Other routes with public access" just means there is some form of right but that could just be a footpath or bridle way or a BOAT...

Depends who has posted the notice, local council prohibiting motor vehicles or stating status as bridle way or foot path OK. A private notice, is very grey and may well be counter to the actual rights that exist.

Indeed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice