Cleaning chequer plate.

Has anyone got any ideas on brush on, wash off solutions to cleaning chequer plate in situ? I don't really want the hassle of drilling out the pop rivets to drop it in a bath. Cheers, John

Reply to
John Stokes

I use alloy motorbike parts cleaner for my plate! It works a treat & you can get it at any motorbike shop.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Prolly depends what's on it that needs cleaning off.....

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Alloy wheel cleaner should work a treat........

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

It does. My mate did half of one of my chequer plate wing tops once when he was bored and it blinded me for months whenever the sun came out!. Fortunately i have now restored the protective mould/dirt layer and my eyes are safe!

If you dont fancy polishing then a pressure washer works pretty well. You dont have to worry about it taking off the paint so can blast it at full strength.

Reply to
Tom Woods