Clunk after bleeding brakes

Greetings all

I've just driven the 84 110 V8 for the first time in a while after rebuilding both front hubs with new bushes seals etc. All was done as per the manual and she drives well now. The hub rebuild obviously included removal of the brake calipers and subsequent bleeding of brakes on reassembly. The brakes were fine for about 5kms in traffic, then as I applied them coming up to the traffic lights there was a loud bang/clunk and the vehicle jerked considerably. The brakes now feel spongy again. There are no warning lights on the dash and there have been no more clunks. There does not appear to be any loss of fluid and no leaks. Is it possible the shuttle in the dual brake circuit warning switch was stuck previously and has now freed up? Anybody had experience of this? I'll try bleeding them again to see if they harden up.

Cheers Steve Maloney

84 110 V8 Hardtop 84 110 V8 CSW

Durban RSA

Reply to
Maloney

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:02:47 +0200, "Maloney" scribbled the following nonsense:

check the calipers are still mounted on the brackets correctly, as the bolts may have worked loose if not tightened up correctly

Reply to
Simon Isaacs