Clunk from steering - D2

Ever since picking up my D2 in September there has been an annoying 'clunk' when ever I turn right at slow speed, clunks again if I straighten up. Had it checked out twice, first time by a main dealer and second by an indy, neither could find any loose or worn steering or suspension components.

The only thing the indy found was that it got worse if the steering damper was removed, so I'm thinking it could be a steering box issue but don't want to waste money swapping it out unnecessarily.

Any thoughts?

Andy

< 1999 D2 TD5 GS Auto > < 1996 D1 300tdi >
Reply to
Andy Cooke

I had exactly the same on mine, turned out to be the box.

Reply to
Nige

I had exactly the same on mine, turned out to be the box.

Nige,

Did you swap the box or can it be repaired?