Colway tyres gone bust

Hi, Just for information, heard from a tyre supplier just now

that colway have gone bust (for the 2nd timeit seems from a quick web search). I've been hunting down some wintertyres for the past week. Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Hope non of the five i have go funny then.

Reply to
Nige

Don't talk about it near the tyres, remember that wheels have lug nuts.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I'll get your coat........

Reply to
Nige

Don't worry, I already had it on!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

B%&·/cks. Took me ages to find some UK tyres big enough for a 101 too.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

This is some of the immediately preceeding history:

Dougal

Cheery news. Not.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

According to one of those articles, Colway tyres were used because they were "environmentally friendly to forest roads"..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That's certainly an interesting concept!

Reply to
Dougal

Steve, try taking a look at

I've no connection or anything, - only found their website this morning, but they were one of the few people who bothered to respond to my emails, and replied within 10mins.

They seem to be trying to find replacments for colway sizes.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Interesting reading, so a business with a projected =A36 million turnove= r this year and a trading profit has not be paying the rent. There is much= more to this than meets the eye.

My first thoughts are what has the landlord been up to apart from failin= g to sell the site? (Why?) Have they been fullfilling all the landlords responsibilties both legal and in the tenancy agreement?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for that Andrew. Its a big problem for 101'ers - bar grips are difficult to find in decent nick, and they are bloody danger-rews anyway !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:43:23 +0000, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I thought you could get Petlas?

I'd think the Yanks might be the best source, they seem to like putting huge rubber on things.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:40:40 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

that's what I thought.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Were they overinflated?

Reply to
SimonJ

Well, the carcass seems in good condition from the little info we get, so perhaps someone will re-tread it!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings