Condensation on inside of windscreen

On my 98 RR 4.6HSE with heated front windscreen I've been getting alot of condensation on the inside of the front screen. Typically happens when I use the car first thing early morning then leave it untill early evening. What with the wet and colder evenings of late. Becoming a pain now, as this evening it had loads of condensation on the inside, as much as you would expect on the outside, but it had frozen as the temperature was -1. Alright, I just turned the heated screen on (well, actually pressed the auto defrost everything button!) and it started to melt, but there was so much water I had to use a squeegee to clear it all off. Don't think I've got any coolent leaks inside the car, carpets seem dry. Anyone else get this?

Alan

Reply to
cutlea01

Yep!

Just invested in a "Moisture Trap" from B&Q. 4UKP its full of calcium carbonate (mind those fingers kiddies).

I know most of my problem is that with the horses we have to take water to them, and one of the containers leaks - hence an awful lot of moisture available in the car.

First night last night - I'll let you know how it went

Si

Reply to
simonk

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I had similar problem on a 110. The drain bulb thingy thats supposed to let any water that enters the intake was blocked and there was a pool of water in the pipes. If your car has AC then the best way to dry the incoming air is to leave the AC on with the controls set to hot. This clears condesation very quickly. Terry

Reply to
Terry Lyne

use a clear car polish (preferably a cheap silicon based one) on the inside of all your glass and it will stop condensation forming full stop! I use mer wax on my series 2 and defender and I never get steamed up windows or condensation. (I even use it on the inside of the roof in the series to combat condensation dripping down my neck and it works!) I also use it on my glasses as it stops them steaming up when walking into the pub on a cold night.

Nick C

Reply to
Nick C

Hi!

Do you run the A/C? If so, it leaves plenty of moisture in the ducts. I find that if I run my A/C in Piglet in weather like this, I have to leave it on all the time...otherwise, instant condensation all over the inside of the vehicle.....in fact, all my cas with a/c have done this...If you have auto climate control it will use the a/c to maintain temperature in the vehicle. You may not be aware it's on :)

Neil

Neil Brownlee

|| On my 98 RR 4.6HSE with heated front windscreen I've been getting || alot of condensation on the inside of the front screen.

Mine started to do this - it was the aircon compressor that had failed. Replacement cured it (under warranty - you may not be so lucky).

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Doesn't it make the beer taste a little funny though?

Reply to
SimonJ

Check that the drains from the A/C evaporator aren't blocked, it sounds like typical symptoms of the condensation from the aircon not having anywhere to go.

Reply to
SimonJ

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the tips! I'll give the Mer polish a try, sounds like it might work, and I have a big bottle in the garage. I used to rub soap (washing up liquid worked well) onto the inside of my motorbike helmet visor to stop my breath from misting it up, so a similar idea.

Moisture in the ducts sounds quite reasonable, as every car I've had with A/C, upon startup would mist the screen for a few seconds then clear it.

Reply to
cutlea01

That's the reason I run mine in "A/C Off" mode - slighty more economical, and as somebody mentioned, once you use the aircon once, you can't turn it off for the rest of the winter as it fogs the screen up!

David.

Reply to
David French