Crankshaft bolt size

2.5NA 1985 12j engine. Anyone know the pulley bolt socket size. Yours Gmacz
Reply to
Gmacz

If its the same as a 2 1/4 then its 40mm. If you don't have a impact gun then try a large stilson, wedge it against the chassis and give the engine a brife kick with the starter. That should shift it! Obviously keeping all fingers ect well out of the way you'll need to hold the stilsons and get a well instructed helper to man the ignition. Be carfull and it will be fine! Toby

Reply to
TVS

I've used the breaker bar and starter motor trick a few times, but now I just use a 3/4" breaker bar (the only socket the right size I could get was a 3/4") with a length of scaffold tube over it and chock a wheel after putting it in gear. Bit more controllable!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

It is meant to be the same size for 2.5 NA, 2.5TD and 200TDi, iirc 24mm

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

42mm maybe! I can't remember myself off the top of my head but it's definately not 24mm... I recall it's a size that's also used on Citroen models somewhere as well.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

On or around Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:56:02 +0000 (UTC), "Simon Isaacs" enlightened us thusly:

300 TDis are 27, same as the wheel nuts.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

It is definately 40-something!. either 42 or 43. Its been too long since i last used mine! (thankfully!). Use a pair of calipers and measure it!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I checked mine... it goes all the way to the "l" in the word "Girling" on the side of the caliper if it helps.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Should have said in my earlier post... its 40mm if its got a provision for a starting handel! I was forgeting that 90/110s don't have these ;-) Toby

Reply to
TVS