Crimp spades for fuse box

Hi,

I have a wiring fault in the fuse box of my '96 Defender 90.

I plan to work through replacing some of the wires and would like to eject the spade connectors from the rear of the fuse box and fit new ones. Can anyone tell me the specification of the spades - they look like ordinary uninsulated females but have a tab on the rear to lock them into the plastic cavity in the fusebox. Also, any suggestions on suppliers?

Thanks for any help

Dave

Reply to
bromide

Female connector, I suppose. Male ones also available.

There's the Tyco FASTIN FASTON range.

Available from CPC Farnell

Dougal

Or Google for "Vehicle Wiring Products".

They may be able to source something close to the original, perhaps... If LR didn't use something unique that is. Then, you have to get the old ones out, without damaging the casing etc.

If all else fails, find a friendly dealer with a real service technician, who wears dirty overalls etc, not the suited/booted types you find now, who cant/wont do anything unless a computer tells them to...

(Unintended rant over!)

Dave B.

Reply to
Mr Dave Baxter

MAPLINS.....#

They do the tool for removing the tags, they are nothing special ... std female Lucor tag with the lock tag bent out, can be removed with a very small (thin) flat blade screw driver but you may well damage the fuse holder, when replacing try to get the femal tags that you buy " on a roll " as these still have their tags, the ones you buy singularly may or may not have the locking tags. It did not matter wether we had the looms in or out of the vehicles, we only ever changed ONE wire/ tag at a time!!! A spectacular event occured once when heavy load attached to minor feed on a big fuse....as I say ONE at a time. When makeing the conections pay attention to the mechanical as well as the electrical conection of the wire..it matters !

Regards

John Ex Auto Sparks, the older the better! preferably obsolete !

Reply to
Long tall ugly

Thank you all,

Reply to