cruise control

My Discovery TD5 S (2000 MY) doesn't have Cruise Control. Does anyone have any experience of retrofitting who can advise what is needed and how to do. Thanks Fergus

Reply to
the-elms

I've done this before.

I got the parts from these guys:

Took about half an hour, just plugs in, but you need to cut a hole in the plastic steering wheel trim, which was a bit fiddly. Just disconnect the batt, wait 10 mins or so for the airbag to do its thing, then remove it. Use the template and cut the mounting hole (I used a drill and a stanley knife), plug in the two switches (this kit comes with the mounting bracket for the steering wheel) refit airbag and battery. Bob's your auntie.

Reply to
madhatchetman

Google groups is your friend in this very newsgroup. The simplist way, at least for a DII, is a kit from a third party as that contains the bracket for the steering wheel mounted switches as that is not available as a spare. The switches are available as spares.

The hardest part is making a neat job of cutting the hole in the rear steering cover. Removing the small bomb (airbag) from the steering wheel the most nerve racking.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice