D2 front sunroof leaking - bad!

Pissing down here this morning & the front sunroof is leaking like a bastard.Whats the common cause, I'm wondering if, as the moter is jammed, it might be slightly open? Doesn't make any noise on the go etc?

Any ideas?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Blocked drain holes causing the water to up and over the seals into the car is the usual cause IIRC.

unfortunately the best time to find out is when its dry - by pouring water down them and seeing if it comes out underneath

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Nige a écrit :

Yeah, usually blocked drain holes.

I also heard that if you polish the roof with a good polish/wax that it helps.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news:jvKOh.17$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Got a second hand motor, so i can at least get the pissing thing open to look.

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Sunroof will be knackered....in fact chances are if you lift carpets floor will be knackered too drain tubes will have leaked and A posts will be about ready to collapse they will of course have leaked all over the engine and that will be knackered too.....might as well just scrap the thing....it'll cost more than its worth to put it right

Reply to
johnty

WTF are you on about ?

Reply to
Nige

No idea either Nige!

P.S. parcel turned up today - cheers. The inlaws have been trying to figure out WTF they are for!

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

heheheheh - they do look odd!

Reply to
Nige

Just giving you the same advice you love to give everyone else

Reply to
johnty

What? Oh do go away, when have I ever said that to anyone? The bloke with the knackered D1 needs to know what it's gonna cost him?

You dont like my advice, dont read it, better still killfile me.

Pub bore.

Reply to
Nige

Ah.......obviously no sense of humour have we ? But then to pay £9,500 for an early D2 and the sunroof dont even work and it leaks.....i think i would loose my sense of humour too !

Reply to
johnty

No sense of humour? When I see something that resembles humour, as opposed to some contrived bullshit, I'll laugh, until then...

You seem a little intersted in me, any reason?

You have contributed 9 posts to the group I can see......

BTW, the D2 was introduced in 1998, mines a 2001, the model was discontinued in 2004, not early at all, why the assertion it was an early car? Look as glasses guide for a 2001 D2 ES auto, you'll pay more than I did. £40 for a motor & some pipe cleaners? Get a life & if you are trying to be funny, at least let everyone know in advanced. I can then get some special twine for my split sides.

Reply to
Nige

You feeling OK Nige?! I don't think even I would have been that polite in reply!

BTW, you picked up the 'blade yet?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I wasnt going to..but ..... its like shooting fish in a barrel.....plonk

Reply to
johnty

I'm worried, he's becoming almost respectable. :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Monday!!!

Reply to
Nige

Thank f*ck for that folks, now he can't see me - STALKER or what?

God told him to do it? #

Reply to
Nige

Either that or his tinfoil hat was working too well.

Reply to
EMB

hehehhe - another fuckpig nutball.

Anyway, it's coming up to summer here soon......WINTER!!! for you my Antipodean friend!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

24 degrees, sun is shining, and there's been enough rain so there's mud to play in. Life is good. :-)
Reply to
EMB