D2 rear door wont open

The tailgate door wont unlock, it sounds to be, but wont open.

Any easy ideas?

It's off in for a few bits sorting prior to going on eBay next week.

I'll be doing the ABS sensor, the aircon gas, the transmission temp sensor is getting replaced & a few other bits.

Anyone interested, let me know prior to going on eBay probably next Sunday.

Reply to
Nige

On mine, the roller blind cover used to get wedged against the inner button preventing it rising. Same happens on my current TD5. Another possibility is that the little spring in the mechanism has broken.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Mine ('96/'97 D1 300 Tdi) did this, 'they all do that sir'..... prise off the Landrover logo on the door handle cover, then spray liberally inside with WD40 or similar, whilst working the handle. Worked for me, though it's also sometimes a small spring that breaks, I believe, which needs replacing.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Cheers Paul, I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Nige

other option is the locking actuator is stuck ( or seized ) get an assistant to turn the front door key while you listen for the lock to throw or ot -in which case you need remove the door trim and remove the link, replacements are a tenner at maplins Derek

Reply to
Derek

Mine does it as well, particulary after the winter salt has done it's worst. I squirt lubricant up at the pivot points rather than prise of logos though. Must do it again, the RAC phone key on the key ring is begining to suffer from being used to pry the handle forward...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What you gonna get instead then mate?

d3?

that would be fun at KORC.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

D3

Reply to
Nige

I'll still use it there matey!

Reply to
Nige

Nice one, that sorted it a treat. One less job for the garage!

Reply to
Nige

You lucky b*d! Now I've got used to the styling, I think they look great - and aside from everything else +ve about them, there is so much more usable room in the boot than the old Disco.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Company car time Matthew.

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Sometimes I really dislike my job....

I was going to say you're not supposed to sell it this quick I've not broke the last one yet.. but then again ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nice! I'll have to work a lot harder and hope the 2nd hand price softens a bit! (well, a lot actually!!)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

My company cars dont have blue lights & sirens though.

Reply to
Nige

I get a company Monaro next week :-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Mon, 02 Jul 2007 22:40:37 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

git. any jobs going in your company?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ditto Derek

Reply to
Derek

I guess this means he won't be moving to the UK then...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

If they'll employ me they will employ anyone so it's worth an ask. Can you count to 10 without using your fingers and spell your own name? If you can you're as qualified as I am.

Reply to
EMB