D3 Parking Sensors

A colleague has just purchased a 2006 D3 HSE with all the usual niceties except parking sensors. Has anyone got any idea of whether it is possible (and what parts are needed) to retrofit the factory parking sensors?

Reply to
EMB

A colleague has just purchased a 2006 D3 HSE with all the usual niceties except parking sensors. Has anyone got any idea of whether it is possible (and what parts are needed) to retrofit the factory parking sensors?

Yes it can be done, you need the 4 sensors, bezels and loom which then plugs in at the rear, needs activating then via testbook or similar. All the bits add up to around £180 'ish from memory

Andy

< 1999 D2 TD5 GS Auto >
Reply to
Andy Cooke

Now you know why it wasn't mounted in the first place....

You may have created an earth loop whereby the system is now earthed via its own wire and also via the casing you have attached to the mounting points. This may generate a small earth voltage that upstes the system. I may be talking rubbish here but this was a problem on stereo systems I used to build, the voltage resulting in a loud hum in the speakers. Disconnecting one of the earths sorts it out. It may not apply to car units but unless you've pulled a wire it's a last resort and easy to check.

Dismount it again and see if it works. If it does the mounts will need insulating.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Apologies, I meant to reply to Austin's post immediately above this one. Will correct. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB