DAB into Disco 2

Greetings All After a break after my last Classic RR went the way of all good things 3 ye ars ago I have bought a DII to reaquaint myself with the woes of LR ownersh ip and have spent a small fortune with Gigglepin in an attempt to make it l ess likely to die unexpectedly - although they don't seem able to fix leaky sunroofs :-(

Anyway, I'm tempted by Halfrauds offer of a 20% discount against a DAB radi o. However, I can no more extract the existing radio than I can fly. Ca n somone advise me on how to extract an OEM radio from a DII? The tool wh ich should extract it is a notched wire inserted into the two holes on eith er side, that is there is one hol on each side of the radio not two.

Also, am I right in thinking that DAB/FM splitters will not work because of the FM/AM amplifier in the aerial circuit and that I must use a film-on-wi ndscreen DAB aerial?

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage