Decent quality Hi Lift jacks

I bought a Farm Jack 48" for £25 from this guy .. g1kwo .. on Ebay, thinking I'd have to take my chances.

But the jack is pretty well like a High Lift / Jackall, some differences, but seems to work just fine, it's mechanism was a bit tight to begin with, but lifts the 110 in the gravel on the drive just fine.

Definately worth a look, and he seems to have them regular, I did see him selling them £5 cheaper the other day.

Reply to
Me

Is this you?

(Thanks to Wayne for this, by the way)

Reply to
Mother

hahahahaha.. No, fraid not, the gravel on my drive ain't that big, nor is the jack LOL

Reply to
Me

and that a toyota 4 runner, not a rover.

Reply to
Jack Kerouac

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

What a "Fearsome" piccie !!! Ya read about characters like this....... in the obitury coloumn!!

... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

Just an opinion - nothing more:- I find the best quality "High-Lift" jacks come from a company calling itself "Hi-Lift" funnily enough! Every other jack is just a 'High-Lift' jack, i.e. a jack that lifts high! It's a bit like the old one where a lot of people call a vacuum cleaner a 'hoover'. Surefire sign of a good recognised brand. I know a couple of chaps that have bought 'Hi-Lift' style farm jacks and they were definitely lower quality than my genuine 'Hi-Lift'. They have since changed! Bought my from Kaid 4x4 in Derbyshire, cost £52.00. Only a fraction more than I've seen lesser jacks for.

Stew.

--

1990 Ninety (Jasmine) - the off-road toy! Freelander Td4 ES - wifes, no chance of ever seeing real mud!!!
Reply to

..probably a myth, but then you wonder...

Also have a photo courtesy of sci.engr.welding of an idiot who is welding his pickup, while the pickup is propped up on a 2x 4 !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Without lab equipment you can't know how good a jack is until you really bend it. I'd really like to be somewhere else when one snaps....

So, yes, I'd always stick with a brand name - at least you have some hope that there is a testing and QA process. Mine's a Jackall, and I've used it precisely twice. Not a great investment in all honesty...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

So Me was, like

Bloody Hell!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I believe that's the one I'm looking for. Could you email it please Steve?

Reply to
Mother

In message , Tim Hobbs writes

Depends what the alternatives were at the time you used it

Reply to
hugh

The first time I used it was to see how it worked.

The second time was to put Stig on axle stands to do the brakes. I only used the hi-lift because I'd had it a year and never touched it, so felt a bit guilty....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I'd say that Hi-Lift and Jackall should be classed "as being the same" - both are certainly better quality that the cheaper farm jacks doing the rounds, which have rightly or wrongly aquired a reputation for bending.......

could have saved you a fiver there!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd