Defender 90 fog light faulty

I have almost completed re-building my 1992 200Tdi Defender 90 which got a rear end shunt from a lorry. New rear cross member extension welded on and "new" tub fitted. (It really did just slide into place!). Lights all working.

Only problem is, the rear fog light will not work.

Yes, I did remember that the head lights have to be on for the fog lamp to work!

No power at the fog light. No power on either side of the fuse (No.6). No power on either side of the dash board switch. Checked ALL the fuses OK. Swapped the relays, no difference. No tell-tale light on the dash. Checked the switch.

Any suggestions before I start laboriously tracing wires? Nothing much on Google.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 29 May 2004 07:10:18 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

sounds like a disconnected wire somewhere. I take it you've got the necessary wiring diagram and so on? I'd expect to find power on the switch/relay, so I reckon that's where you have to start looking.

Just been looking at the 1986-on diagram (which year is yours?) and it say that power from the light switch, through relay Z, through the fuse, to the switch and thence to the rear fog lamp and warning lamp.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's a 1992 200Tdi. Yes, I'm afraid it is going to be the slow way. I have Haynes with wiring diagrams up to '89 (I think - it's outside) but it seems pretty much the same. Good thing about LR's is they seem to have kept to a consistent colour coding for wiring. Probably one of those connectors causing a dry joint.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 29 May 2004 13:16:01 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

I've a PDF of the 86-on diagram, but it's not too good a scan.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Problem cured! Many thanks for your help and advice. It was a bad connection.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 30 May 2004 22:30:11 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

excellent. The 110 has always had an iffy fog light, I generally get it working at MOT time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles