Defender exhaust taking out Cat ?

I want to replace 110 300 Tdi system with a non cat system. Someone kindly posted that this could be done. I have had trouble finding an OEM supplier online and not sure if a non cat system will simply replace a cat one or does some fiddling need to be done ?? Ta JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's

Not having done it myself but I would suspect that the only small section that needs replacing is the cat itself with a plain pipe. I would use a genuine part or a good copy suitable for a non cat version. Replace the whole lot if you must.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Snip

I think thats the option as all the online catalogues have cat or non cat versions for 300 Tdi, i just wondered whether the dimensions are the same or there would be a fitting problem. Seems to come as Pipe to replace cat section Centre box and Back box with length of pipe attached. I need to replace whole system as it is a little dicky with rear box separating from pipe. I also want to get an OEM version as someone suggested they last well, which I suspect they will.

JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's

On or around Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:35:47 -0000, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

on the disco 300 TDi, you'd replace the front pipe with a non-cat version. I did the whoel system on ours, but that was 'cos the back bit was shagged. goes a lot better minus the cat.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Email Richard with your model, engine + year and he will no doubt tell you what you need if its a simple bolt on job. The pricing will be highly competitive too!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Will do thanks

JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's

I'm guessing if you remove the cat with a through pipe, you will need some dummy sensors to replace your real ones to stop your engine management going mental?

Reply to
Nick

ESR2383 Middle Silencer - 110 300 Tdi £24.67 inc VAT ESR2384 Tail Pipe - 110 300 Tdi (Except Austrailia) £24.67 inc VAT ESR2297 Down Pipe - Defender 300 Tdi Non CAT £17.62 inc VAT

There's no difference except the downpipe for CAT's.

Carriage £6.50 on all or some of the above.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks Richard, Nick mentioned that the sensors need blanking for the ECU. I was told that their are no sensors and this does not need doing ? Person that told me is a Mail engineer and has done his Discovery this way ? Do you have a rough delivery time turnaround and which carrier is used ?

JohnH

Reply to
Hirsty's

Its a 300 tdi !!!! No sensors

Reply to
Marc Draper

I can't for the life of me remember if the Defender 300Tdi has them or not - I'm reasonably sure not.

Delivery is next working day if ordered before 2.00pm - courier is usually Target or CityLink - depends on the area they are going to.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Ta Richard I will sort myself out and ring next week

JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's

On or around Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:16:39 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

no sensors on the 300 TDi disco here.

dunno if an EDC one would have, but IIRC that's only very late disco autos.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Many thanks, just ordered so look forward now to numerous bashed knuckles and frozen fingers unless I can persuade the neighbour to do it in his workshop :-))

JoH

Reply to
Hirsty's