Defender front seats in the back?

I'm thinking of being kind to my passengers and doing something about the cr@p 2nd row seats in my 200tdi 110 CSW and was wondering how easy it is to fit two front seats into the 2nd row and just have two seats on the 2nd row, given that three burley men on the 2nd row just looks silly !

The reason I was thinking about using front seats as my selfish streak is showing through and I was thinking about getting myself new seats for the front and re-using them in the back, but if anyone has suggestions on alternatives for the back that are relatively easy it would be much appreciated.

Eventually the plan is to have two seats in the 2nd row and 2 forward facing tip-ups in the boot so I can still carry long loads without too much bother.

Cheers,

Gavin.

Reply to
Embo

Trying to rack my brains, but don't Exmoor Trim do 'high-back' 2nd row seats?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Yes, but I think only as a complete row across, which is not what was wanted. JD

Reply to
JD

I did consider getting a couple of high backs for the back, but seeing as the back seats aren't used that often I'd rather spend the money on new seats for the front if I can re-use the existing front seats in the back, or if there were some other seats I could get from the scrappy cheaply to go in the back.

G.

Reply to
Embo

On or around 28 Aug 2006 14:37:23 -0700, "Embo" enlightened us thusly:

I managed without too much effort to fit the rear seat from a ford sierra as a second row in my 110. it needs some fabrication though, notably mounting points for the hinges, somewhere for the front edge to fix onto, and a rail across the back of the seat backs. This last I made so it would expand against the side rails and by removing a bolt would telescope back and come out.

The whole lot worked quite well, and there was still room for 2 fold-ups in the back.

Your biggest problem is if you want the things to fold, and especially, if you want to keep as much space in the back when they're folded. nothing else will really do that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi

I fitted both front and rear Espace seats in a 110. They also both recline making beds.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Tony,

That sounds interesting, how easy / difficult was it to do?

Gavin.

Reply to
Embo

Not dificult. The front espace seats were stripped of there mountings, a plate was used to mount them to the land rover rails. The rear seats (2 off) were mounted on a plate and again attached to the land rover rails. The seats were arainged in line so that when both the front and rear seats reclined they made a bed.

If you want any photos email me on snipped-for-privacy@gyptech.on.ca.

Reply to
Tony