Defender Handbrake light?

1992 200Tdi Defender...

Whilst thinking about my cold start light (or lack of it!) I also started thinking about the handbrake light on the dashboard that isnt used.

Has anyone thought of a way how to illumiate the light when the handbrake is pulled on??

Im guessing that there must be a way of fixing a little micro-switch to the handbrake housing and simply feeding some leccy to it via the spare light on the dash???

Does anyone know of a switch that can be easily modified to fit??

Thanks Jon.

Reply to
Jon

Must be fairly simple - it lights up on mine. JD

Reply to
JD

JD,

Is yours a 200 / 300 TDi or a TD5?

Does anyone know if the light is fitted as standard??

Thanks J>J>

Reply to
Jon

None of the above - 110 3.9 diesel

I think it depends on the market - I believe, for example that it has been required on all vehicles in Australia since the early eighties. This, of course, means that the wiring is probably in place in vehicles sold in other markets, and the switch will be a Landrover part.

JD

Reply to
JD