Defender parts into a Series 111?

At first sight, Defender doors look as though they'll fit on a S3. As I'm not a purist, I'm thinking of replacing my rotten doors with a nice sturdy pair of Defender ones. Has anyone done this?

Similarly, can I fit Defender heater blower in place of the broken original? Will it give me more blow? With due respect to fellow Series owners, I tend to assume that the newer designed parts do their job better...

John London, UK

--

1980 Land Rover Series 111 109 Station Wagon + Dormobile mod cons
Reply to

Haven't done this, but the door size and shape is identical. Not sure whether the mounting holes for the striker plate are identical, but otherwise there should be no problems.

Can't help with the heater blower - but my experience would be that the S3 heater works better! JD

Reply to
John

Real men dont need heaters! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Its always annoying how more ice seems to form on the inside than the outside!

I own a warm coat rather than a heater in my landy :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

You can always fold it down. That way your nasal hair freezes instead of the windscreen.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Speaking from experience? :-)

Reply to
Tom Woods

My SIII has brand new Defender doors and door tops installed. I'm in the process of rebuilding her and have a brand new bulkhead that was built for a 2002 D-90 TD5 to replace the original which sufferd from a horribly rusted top section. So, yes, many parts are interchangeable, especially if you are wlling to do a little bit of fabricating.

Reply to
Paul Grant

I have some military defender doors on my 110 with aluminium door tops....

I want to replace the doors with the one piece wind up window variety...

Where are you and would you be interested in a swap ???

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White