Defender wipers blowing fuses

I have a Defender 90 300Tdi M reg.Suddenly over the weekend (very foul and wet) it started blowing wiper fuses.The rear wiper fuse 15A (twinned with the indicators) blew 3 times (Not instantly - it worked for a while but eventually went again).The front wiper fuse 10A blew once but has been ok till now after replacement. Has anyone had similar experience or can suggest what the cause of this strange behaviour could be.Suggestions for tests I could do to throw light on the matter also very welcome. Many thanks in advance.

Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye23

Thanks for the advice.I have now taken off the cover (6 little torx bolts) of the rear wiper crank mechanism and it's clean as a whistle. Having then replaced the fuse again,I ran the rear wiper motor (with arm/blade removed) for over an hour and nothing untoward happened. It's not now pxssing down and I don't know whether that was a significant factor? The other possibility is that it was caused by an indicator fault (with which the rear wiper shares a fuse).Any thoughts on how winkers could cause fuses to blow after a while (not instantly) either in the wet or dry? All thoughts gratefully received.

Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye23