Di V8i Consumptopn

Hi All,

Am about to hunt out another Disco and I see the V8s are silly money (alot with gas conversions) compared to the 300 tdi.

Because they are so cheap I could be tempted but............... Can some one give me ralistic consumptions solo and towing on petrol and gas ( I know gas is not so good at mpg)

I have just retired so I would have no commuting miles but what miliage I would do is likely to be short hopes and only long journeys when towing.

I have looked up all the relevent places done a bit of googling on consumptions but all I get is LR quoted figures .

I would like " real life " info

Thank fellers

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

Hi John,

My manual 3.5 V8i D1 averaged 17.3 MPG over 38K miles, the best I had on a 'per tank full' basis was 22.1 MPG and the worst was 13.6 MPG. These are accurate figure as I recorded all the fuel it used (sad geek!). The car was used mainly for long journeys with no towing. The figures are for petrol not gas.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Manuel

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay.

Ok on thoes numbers , if I use gas, then that brings it up near a

300tdi consumtion and therefor afordable and of course more grunt when pulling the caravan. If only they made Discos with the built in RUST feature in the back then they would be perfect.

Thanks again

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

... and gave us back the horizontally split tailgate of the Range Rover ....

Reply to
Dougal