Diesel Fuel prices

I thought Diesel was going to be cheaper side of fuel prices. Each week I call into my local Petrol station and I notice the price of Diesel up a penny now 83.9p per litre. Anyone else have similar hikes.

Reply to
John Oakes

Yep, same around here (Belgium). They're paying up to 55 USD for a barrel on the exchange now. In the meantime, those idiots have stockpiled oil tankers full of the stuff, at prices WAY over the top, and now they can't afford prices going down again, so they invent the silliest reasons why oil must be that expensive. And we're buying it.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

We are now up to 88.9p / litre in Mid Wales.... I still travel back to the Midlands quite often for work / friends and it is still cheaper there.

No matter how much a barrel of crude costs you cannot get away from the fact that 80% (ish ) ofthe cost of fuel in Britain is going straight to the Govt. !

David LLAMA 4x4

David_LLAMA4x4
86.9 and rising, watch the price of Crude .... $ 60 a barrel ..... bet it goes even higher. Fuel/ Government rip off. Use AA petrolbuster, it helps a bit by trying to give the cheapest fuel in your area. (UK)

Reply to
Hirsty's

John Oakes wrote in news:4175fb86$0$2653$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

I think I saw it at around 96p a litre at Ardgay, Easter Ross. Is that a record? Cheapest around here is Safeways, Alness, around the mid eighties.

Derry (40 miles north of Inverness)

Reply to
Derry Argue

Nah, A record is £1.03 per litre in Durness in the summer. I was staggered. Only petrol station for 40 miles.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Probably not. I paid 95p a litre at Salen on Mull in mid-August. It must be over £1 now.

Cheers Andrew Kay

Reply to
Andrew Kay

Same in Australia - there was a time it was half the price of petrol - now it's the same or more (around $1 a litre).

Reply to
Viviane

Is looks like the government are pushing LPG, so at a mere (check spelling) £1500 for the conversion and the loss of boot space, that you would think is the way forward. (NOT), once they have enought converts they will up the price of pumped LPG.

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Round here (Glos) fuel, diesel ranges from 83p to 88p and unleaded 80p to 84p and thats at the various Shell outlets around the county!!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

So Peter Taylor was, like

They did that with diesel, so I'm sure the idea hasn't escaped them. I don't think enough people have converted yet for it to be a runner as far as the Treasury are concerned. Give it a year or two, though...

What annoys me is that diesel is far cheaper to refine than petrol. Even if the govt charged the same duty rate, it should be miles cheaper than unleaded.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:15:34 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

they do charge the same duty, near enough.

Local garage tonight: LPG up 1p since last time.

LPG 40.9 U/L 84.9 DIESO 87.9 super U/L 89.9

Reply to
Austin Shackles