Diff Lockers

I'm doing some digging around for future mods for my car (93 200 Disco) and am now looking at diff lockers.

The ARBs seem to be somewhere between very and hellishly expensive. The Macnamaras are more expensive Detroits seem to be unavailable KAMs seem to be difficult to get hold of.

Given that there appear to be any number of companies manufacturing these things, does anybody know of UK based companies who actually carry Detroit/LockRite/whatever else isn't ARB?

P,

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

We got our Detroit for our 101FC from Great Basin Rovers in Utah, not the UK I know, but his prices are very reasonable even once shipping is included and the pound is still pretty strong against the dollar. Drop an email to Bill and I'm sure he will be happy to help you.

Look under Drive Train for lockers of various sorts.

HTH

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy

Paul Hi,

I can highly recommend QUAIFE. They are UK based and their automatic locking diff units (actually they are torque distributing diffs) are extremely sturdy and behave exceptionaly both on and off the road. I have one of their units in the back axle of my ex CT Disco 200Tdi since

1996 and have never had a problem with it despite abusing the car on a frequent basis in the last years.

You can contact Mr. Dale Philips at snipped-for-privacy@quaife.co.uk.

Prices for one unit are at around 550 pounds plus VAT. They are expensive but of extremely good quality and they also do heavy duty halfshafts and wheel flanges.

I was so impressed with the quality of those products that I have asked them distribute them in Greece so I do have a connection with them. But if you want an alternative I am sure you will like them.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:27:37 +0100, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

and you can add Quaife to the list, very cunning, and still expensive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The one im interested in is the Powertrax Lock-rite Diff locker and a price?

I cant find any uk prices anywhere..

Reply to
Jason Hall

It is worth shopping around for ARBs as the prices vary considerably. ISTR that I got mine (2 ARBs plus a compressor) for about 850 quid but I know some places will charge you more than that for the diffs on their own.

I bought mine to replace the 2 Quaife Torque Biasing diffs that I was using and the ARBs make far more difference than the Quaifes ever did.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

so where did you get your ARBs from?

richard

Reply to
Richard Adcock

Paul Hi,

Are those two Quaife ATBs up for sale?

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

You've forgotten the even better Australain Maxi-Drive

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts