Dim charging light

As a follow up to one of my earlier posts.

The dim charging light got slightly brighter.

The battery got flatter.

The 110 wouldn't start!

The alternator got changed.

The battery now gets charged.

When the engine is running the charging light stays dark.

Sorted!

Cheers

Peter

110 CSW "Reggie the Veggie" Hillman Imp Rover P4 110 A40 Farina (collecting on the 3rd December)
Reply to
puffernutter

On or around Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:21:02 GMT, puffernutter enlightened us thusly:

quite possible it was the diode pack on the way out in the recitfier.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

when I got my 110 the alternator was duff, fitted a new one and had a dim charging light that got brighter. fitted a new diode pack, problem solved.

-- Mark.

"nec aspera terrent"

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Noted. But it was a lot easier (though agreed not cheaper) changing the lot.

I also didn't know how old it was so there is always the risk of other parts (e.g. bearings) wearing out.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter