Disapointment - Very Big Time

Have spent my holiday funds on parabolics - spent all weekend unbolting, grinding, reaming, copper greasing etc etc, fits new springs (and dampers) and I really can not notice much difference!! (if any)

What have I done wrong, or did the marketing men just win again?

Reply to
Rog

I've just fitted standard leafs with the old shocks to my s3 109 and the difference was amazing. Half way though the job I was informed by two complete strangers that I should have fitted Parabolics.

I'm very surprised you cant tell the difference unless you original spring were on excellent condition.

1980 S3 109

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

Thats the really annoying part - my springs were shot with very poor dampers!

Reply to
Rog

did you replace the shocks along with the springs? i have ready on many occasions that you have to upgrade your shocks when you switch over to parabolics.

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

On or around Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:23:22 +0000 (UTC), "Rog" enlightened us thusly:

this may be your problem - you need shocks suited to the parabolics, ideally. standard rate ones are intended for multi-leaf springs, which have much more friction in the spring. Parabolics mostly work a bit like single-leaf or coil springs, with very little inherent damping.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks Guys

Reply to