Disc change

Another cousin, Peter Nis. The people on the paging system would call out Mr , Mr .

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

...and Dave Liquorice spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

along with Ronald Soles, Richard Sbandit, I P Knightley and the rest...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:57:52 +1300, EMB scribbled the following nonsense:

I used to work with Wayne Carr......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:59:54 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

My recollection is that the 12-point caliper ones are 13mm. If they're pre-12-point then they're more likely to be 17mm hex.

a 1/2" 12-point socket should be a hammer-on fit if they look iffy, and don't use cheap sockets!

I also found that while front ones need a deep socket to reach easily the back disco ones need a normal socket, there's not clearance for the deep one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi Group, In our very multi-racial workshop, we used to get the storeman to put out a message for one of our staff to go outside and meet a Mr Sillic Hunt. Then when the mug did so he was greeted by some of the staff chanting the visitors name. It sounds better when done with an Asian type accent. Alan

Reply to
Roberts

My method which has not yet failed me is to break a wooden pallent and take one of it's corner blocks - they seem to be just the right size to sit against the hub. Support the disc on two old blocks of thick wood (or concrete blocks but beware of them shattering and take sensible precautions). Put the pallet corner block inside the disc sitting on the hub and go look for a 14lb mell (lighter ones are no good - you'll have a hard time). One good swing and the hub will seperate very nicely indeed, no damage done. Keep the block for future use!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

On or around Sun, 12 Feb 2006 11:36:51 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

I've seen a shoemender called R. Soles. And there used to be a chinese restaurant in the King's Road called Ho Lee Fook.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Streatham

Reply to
Mother

Snap! My technique, too.

Reply to
Dougal

And mine if I'm not near a decent press. I've just built myself a new

50 ton press using a modified 4" tip-truck ram - now to see if I can break it. ;)
Reply to
EMB

An ex-boss of mine used to have a business card from a chap he swears he met called Ivor Baddick who worked for the NHS, a quick google search certainly turns up a paper by the chap regarding IT in the NHS in 1998...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Simon Isaacs mumbled something on 13/02/2006 07:28:

I used to work with a Chris King, who wanted to have three kids called Wayne, Fay, and Lea.

Reply to
Andy Cunningham

There's an electronics company in Bognor called Wayne-Kerr.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

And, on some TV show in the 80s, an antique dealer called Robin Bastard.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Named after the founders favourite actor and actress; John Wayne and Deborah Kerr or so folklore goes.

nemo2

Reply to
nemo2

Many years ago in Ware, Hertfordshire, I saw a builders van "Bodgitt & Runn" - excellent name. Unfortunately it turned out to ba trading name of the motrorbike engine re-builders I was on the way to.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

That's interesting - the "folklore" was that a Mr. Wayne and a Mr. Kerr left Samgamo Transducers to set the company up.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I knew of a guy also in the NHS by the name of Bartholomew Tapp, or Bath Tapp of course. My father worked with a guy whose surname was Sidebottam, and he always insisted that it be pronounced Siddy-Boat-Tem. I recently had to pay a business visit to a guy called Dean Martin. His receptionist asked my name and the place erupted when I said Tony Bennett.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Hey I'm married to Elizabeth Taylor

Steve

Reply to
steve

...and steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

You and most of the civilised world, by all accounts.

Reply to
Richard Brookman