Disco 1 "200"

OK...

changing sunroof seals.

easy? cheap? pointless?

mine show a slight tendency to leak.

these are the early type with lift-out panel in the front.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Providing you get them the right way round. Don't assume the ones already there *are* the right way round. Mine weren't.

Can't remember, but I think so.

If they're a bit leaky it's probably a good place to start. It solved mine, which had (judging by the interior) leaked for some time.

David French

Fairly.

Yes.

Definitely! It's more usually the drain channels, not the seals.

Reply to
Exit

Where are the drain channels on the lift-out tilt only sunroofs on the early

200s?

Looking at it it seems to be simply a hole with a seal that the glass clamps into - I suspect that only the pan and tilt version has drainage channels.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:23:26 +0100, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

I think you're right. The later types (as on most cars) don't actually have a seal per se, they fit in a hole with a sort-of-seal, but have a waterproof enclosure with drains.

these are the early type which have a rubber seal on which the glass panel sits.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I agree Paul. Julian, are you thinking of the later types? I hunted high and low for drain channels on my manual-tilt ones and couldn't find anything. Therefore I could only put it down to the seal. My deduction was vindicated.

Reply to
David French

You're right - I must be!

Reply to
Exit

On or around Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:18:39 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

At least two of the leaks are definitely the front sunroof seal - water observed sneaking in there. I guess replace that first and see if that stops the water getting into the headlining which runs out the front corners occasionally. That might be alpine lights, noticed some cracks in the rubbers of same.

heyho. Everyone complains about defenders leaking, but my antiquated and now sadly departed 110 was a damn sight more watertight than this disco, granting that it didn't have sunroofs, of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My first 200 had man sun roofs like yours and they leaked. checked the seals and found to be caveres in green goo which I cleaned off and then spreyed the seals with silicone. The leaks went away!! Worth a try first.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon