Disco 1 handbrake adjustment

Neighbour needs to adjust his handbrake but there isn't an adjuster on the brake like my 90 so where is it or how do you adjust the cable?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I I remember right it has a hole in the drum that you line up with the adjuaster, which you click with a screwdriver through the hole. However, I could be making that up.....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In message , beamendsltd writes

Think you might be Richard

There is a bolt head at the very bottom of the handbrake back plate ( in a recess) either 17 mm or 19 mm. this is the adjuster.

Good luck

Reply to
Marc Draper

"Marc Draper" wrote

Thanks for that, I've also found out that the cable slack is adjusted from inside the vehicle by removing the handbrake cover and the window switch plate from the central consul, which allows you to turn the plastic nut adjuster the cable runs through just below the actual handbrake handle. Problem solved (until he tries to do it later) :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote after

Why on earth did they make such a simple and necessary job so difficult. Done now though. Thanks.

Reply to
Bob Hobden