Disco 2

I have a 1999 DISCO 2 auto and it has developed a dam annoying problem. Initially it started out that if i drove above 2.5k revs it would start to miss fire and if pushed too hard i would loose all power at the throttle and the engine warning light would appear, a restart was required to clear this. I was informed it was likley to be oil in the ECU, a common problem apparently. So i have replaced the injector harness and the engine wiring loom, decontaminated the ECU circuitry. Replaced the fuel and air filters in case it was some thing so simple...! But to no avail. The problem is now becoming so accute that the engine misses when ever the slightest load is placed on the throttle. I have recently found out that i can accelerate on the cruise control to above 4k revs with out any miss firing. Any one got any ideas please?

Reply to
baldrick

Throttle pot?

Reply to
Nige

In message , baldrick writes

Plug it in and find out for sure ....... Or as sure as you can be.

Don't let the cruise control fool you too much. It could be over boosting due to a split in the small rubber pipe that goes to the wastegate solenoid.

But as Nige said it could be the throttle pot. Or air flow meter .. etc etc etc

Reply to
Marc Draper