Disco 2.5tdi Mk1-Glow Plug Light

Hi all Above light always on -drives ok,dark now will check fuses tomorrow-anything obvious. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
amp is

Fused together contacts in the glow plug relay.

Reply to
EMB

Glow plug relay is on firewall on passenger side of engine bay isn't it? Grab your trusty multimeter and see if you have voltage on the glow plugs. If you do then does disconnecting the relay fix the problem?

--Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

Reply to
amp is

Reply to
amp is

Mine in my 92 Disco is a bit all over the place regarding time duration. If I jump in and wrench key straight to 'start' then the old girl will start and run while the glow plug timer is still timing out. From this behaviour I can surmise the following: (a) ...it's broken (b) ...it's on a timer and it will time out when it wants to and nothing is going to convince it otherwise. Either way - it's not bothering me at the moment.

--Craig.

Reply to
CraigB