disco 3 tyre pressure monitor

Disco. 3. I could not find any info. on how the tyre pressure low warning system works in the handbook. (i have put intermediates on - not the regular road tyres which came with the new vehicle.) Anyone kindly enlighten me? I have heard it said that the electronic stability and traction (and suspension) system is so good, that it can take a good few miles before you realise you have a serious puncture - so I'm curious to know how it works.

Reply to
Michael Roberts

The valves include a pressure sensor and radio transmitter. These transmit pressure to the car body and display the pressure on the dashboard (or a warning of low pressure).

The valves are, unsurprisingly, quite expensive so make sure your tyre fitter knows not to throw them away and replace them...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Thanks for reply post, Tim. How is it possible to identify if these valves have a pressure sensor and transmitter? Valve cap and the visible part of the tyre valve just look like any ordinary one ! Michael Roberts

Reply to
Michael Roberts

It will have a metal cap and the entire valve stem is metal. There is no rubber - the entire assembly is rigid.

I could sell you a dealer tool that would tell you not only whether it was a TPM but also what variant, what serial number and the current pressure... How badly do you want to know? :-)

Tim Hobbs

Ah well, then at least I know I do not have a tyre pressure monitor on my Disco 3 as the valves have rubber caps and a rubber neck section. . But somewhere on the indicator panel i came across a light or a symbol which said something like 'low tyre pressure monitor'. I'll need to have another look and see if i can find it. Maybe it's another one of these ghost facilities such as 'rear view mirror dipping' which shows up on the message centre , but it's not available! Michael Roberts

Reply to
Michael Roberts