disco 3 tyres

Hope someone can help with this one! The new Disco3 7 seater only has 18" wheels as standard but I understand will also accept 17" wheels. I want to use intermediate tyres all the time instead of standard road tyres . But Goodrich only make 16" and 15" intermediates . The best intermediates I have ever used are Michelin ZXLs which are also only made in sizes which will not fit the Disco 3. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who makes good intermediates in 18 or 17 inches? Michael Roberts

************************************************* take the dog out to reply direct to me *************************************************
Reply to
Michael Roberts

In message , Michael Roberts writes

General make an 18" AT that should do the job.

Selling like hot cakes at the moment

Reply to
Marc Draper

Thanks for your comment, Marc I've just heard about this tyre. But also heard that it's not very good on the road and it seems to last for ages (which I interpret as being of such hard compound that it does not grip very much if it never wears out). I've been told this tyre is fitted to Landy 110s - any one else comment on the performance of this tyre? Michael Roberts

Reply to
Michael Roberts

In message , Michael Roberts writes

I like to test a tyre before recommending them to customers. So cannot vouch for the road holding yet.

The General AT to my knowledge is not fitted to 110's by the factory although the BFG used to be.

The B.F.G. AT is a hard wearing tyre too but is very good on road. (Customers are getting 50,000 miles from a set !!!)

Personally I run B.F.G AT's on all my Disco's and hope that they soon produce an 18" version for the Disco 3 and RR customers.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Quite right Marc, take it from me they are great, more than happy to put on the wife's car.

Right again.

50,000 miles is very easy to get, "hand on heart" 88,000+ on the rear of a Defender, with 3mil still left.

They have prodused an 18" for the new Amazon, but as yet not for the L/R, R/R's, soon we are being told, will not hold my breath.

Andy

Andy Sargeant

Look here:

Or here (bottom of the page) for all the pics:

Goodyear Wranglers, looks like 18 inch wheels.