Disco 300 Tdi - 108,000 mile service (Lazy)

Sorry to be lazy but I need to know what the 108,000 mile service on a

300Tdi Disco is (and my handbook is at home)

Since the schedule only goes up to 96,000 miles, I think this'll be the same as a 12,000 mile service. I'm about to book my MOT but could get a free test with an "annual service" at my local main dealer. I know they'll not honour that offer if the service is just an oil-change.

I know I could phone the dealer but it usually takes three of them to remember that LR did actually make vehicles before 2002.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

On or around 7 Aug 2006 02:13:25 -0700, "Judith" enlightened us thusly:

12 9s are 108, so it's not an even number of 24s. The big ones are 24s, when you're supposed to do transmission oils and such as well.

however, 108 is also 3 36s, which means it may be cambelt time depending on when it was done last.

Other than that it's a main service: oil and filter, clutch or ATF level, fuel filter, air filter, clean engine breather, manual gearbox oil, check steering backlash, T-box and axle levels, grease propshafts and check security, basically check and lube everything that moves and check everything that should be fixed is.

only extra stuff on 24K miles is renew T-box and axle oils, renew auto box oil and filter.

every 2 years you're supposed to change the brake fluid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ta, Austin.

Judith