Disco 300Tdi Fuel sender

Hi,

Discovery 300Tdi '96/'97 3 door. Suddenly the fuel gauge stopped working and the empty light came on. The level meter sometimes appears to 're-fill' itself, but the empty light stays on all the time. Very occasionally it all seems to work for a while, but is not showing what I know to be the correct level of fuel.

ISTR that there was a test for the sender to check whether it was faulty or if the problem is elsewhere, but I can't find it, even with google.

Does anyone have any pointers to fix it? Do I simply need a new sender, which I guess sis about £50 ish? Is it an easy job to do on the Disco, I've done it on a S3?

Cheers.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I've had this problem with a V8 disco. Take up the rear load space carpet, remove the cover plate and clean the terminals you'll find underneath.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware