Disco 4

Newbie to group, just got a disco 4 with the 2.7 tdv6 engine, superb with much improved fuel economy, have yet to get less than 30mpg and often get 39mpg.

Reply to
Achillies

Yes, a high spec Commercial and they have been available since October last year, having said that there was a long waiting list!

Satnav is improved also.

Reply to
Achillies

Here you go :-)

Andy

I spent most of yesterday at Land Rover's Experimental/Test centre at Gaydon playing in the D4. This included driving to 110 MPH on their test track, doing emergency stops from the same speed, applying the handbreak at 70MPH and going offroad. Also lots of 'interesting' cars about, but can't talk about them.... :-)

Yes, it was fun, and yes, the D4 is f*cking amazing!

And YES - they do make a 2.7 tdv6 (base model) - however the 3l version is more fuel economical and has much higher torque/power. Of note, the D3 base model has steel springs - all D4s are air suspension.

Henry Exeter.

Reply to
HM

Around here thats commonly refered to as a crash owing to pilot error. ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Very funny!

Quiet strange putting on the handbrake at 70MPH - but the new Disco 4 has Anti-lock braking on the hand brake! It disengages the throttle and stops you safely - so if the passenger gets annoyed with the driver she (which in my experience is usually the case) can push the handbrake button down and stop the car.

Around here that's commonly referred to a forthcoming divorce.

Henry!

Reply to
HM

The only thing I dislike about the D4 is the fact that the dashboard illumination lights come on as soon as you turn on the circuits with the push button starter and not when you turn on the headlights.

I have driven off from well lit street areas after dark without my lights on as a result, as all previous vehicles I have owned only put on the dash lights with the headlamps!

Reply to
Achillies

Doesn't the D4 have auto-lights?? Bit pants if it hasn't.....

Reply to
Neil

Not had one that required headlights to be on before the dash lit up, sidelights yes. I don't like the idea of dash lights on without the exterior lights, it's a tally that the ext lights are on and not being able to see the instruments is a clue that perhaps the ext lights ought to be on. B-)

Hum, if it has auto lights I hope they are better than the ones I had on hired golf. Drive under trees dark enough to need lights and they wouldn't come on, until you'd been in darkness for several seconds, drive out into daylight and they didn't go off. Crap summed 'em up fairly well.

Auto lights - dumbing down driving even further. If you can't tell that perhaps having lights on is a good idea, perhaps you ought not be allowed to drive.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yeah - sums up my present boss and his auto lights nicely. He's pretty much too stupid to be allowed to breathe.

Reply to
EMB

Auto-lights: no thanks. That's a choice that I'd rather make myself.

Reply to
Dougal

Heh, well yes, although tbh it works well on the RR. Having a TFT binnacle I don't really get the choice of dash lamps on/off any more, however instead I have a pretty icon that shows "lights on" :) Several revisions seem to have been made, as on the 2006 I couldn't use my fog lights if the auto-lights were on, whereas the new one allows this. It also seems much better at turning on the lights when it rains (the 2006 was a bit slow in this respect).

Reply to
Neil

Seems to be the fashion now. I'm currently driving an 08 Corsa (don't ask why) and it does that - and yes I've almost forgotten to put the lights on. Probably some new EU/H&S regulation.

Reply to
hugh

Or a 'Bill'

Reply to
Nige

Hope he doesn't hang-out on this n/g :-))

bmc

Reply to
Brian Colwell

LMAO!

I'll never forget seeing the contents of his boot in mid air!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Guys, you're killing me - there's been a lot of water under the dash since then

Reply to
William Tasso