Disco CD autochanger

Apologies in advance,

Bit of a lame one considering other people's troubles but.....

My cd Autochanger appears to have died, the head unit says 'CD ERROR' but there's no sign of life at the autochanger itself.

I'm assuming that there is a separate fuse somewhere, other than the main fuse for the radio but maybe I'm wrong there.

I'm sure that given a few hours I could find the cause but:

1) It's freezing outside, 2) There is a CD in there that I desparately need out, and 3) I'm feeling particularly lazy tonight (could be the two bottles of Old Peculier!) and thought I'd seek the advice of others first.

Anyway, if it helps, its a 1994 Disco ES.

In anticipation,

Jon.

Reply to
Jon T

Can solve this one!

Our Disco has been doing this on & off for some time now.

You need to: - remove CD changer from beneath seat - take outer cover off - locate the cartridge release lever at the rear of the unit (prod about until it pops out!) - plug it back in, shove cartridge in & should work.

This happened so often on ours that I deceided to drill a hole in the outer case so that I can get a bit of wire in & save myself a lot of hassle. (Not happened for a while now though......touch wood.)

Cheers, Icky.

Reply to
icky