Disco CD Player

Most time I switch on the ign the CD cassette pops out. Landrover have tried to fix this problem from new by changing all the parts, switches etc to no help. Any ideas from the wise and wonderful would be much appreicated Oh yes its 1995 V8ES. Neil

Reply to
Neil

Sounds normal to me. Mine does it every time

Andrew Renshaw

I am beginning to think the same, perhaps I should just stick with the tape player :-)

Reply to
Neil

Hello, Neil!

Is this the 6 changer? If so - mine has *never* done this - mine is in a

1997 4.6 V8i ES.....
Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Just to add to the list... mine does that to from time to time, I just leave the sliding door open and have got quite adept at pushing it back in while driving :-) 1996 3.9 ES

Obviously I wouldn't advise anybody to do such a dangerous thing though !

If it wasn't for the fact that I spend most of my time listening to Radio 4 and I like the subwoofer, I'd have changed the head for an MP3 slot loader by now.

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

Mine does it and i've stripped it down many times. The answer i believe is foam or sponge, place the carteridge back in the player put the sponge behind thisand slowly squeeze the sliding cover over. That should do it!

I have noticed tho, that if you put the key in the ignition and turn to position 1 so the radio come on it never pop's out. Thus i now turn to position 1 turn the radio off, then start the engine! switch radio back on and hey presto it always stays in! (well so far anyway).

Would like to know if this is the case for others, if it is then it maybe just a momentery loss of supply to the player or reataining mech within the player on start up. which i'm sure i could track down eventually. You see i orginally thought it was the vibration of turning the engine over and this causing a worn mech in the player to release the carteridge!

anyway let know if the above method works for you please.

Reply to
Jinx

Hi Mark (and group) Thanks for all the inputs and humour. Its interesting to note that it is a real design problem and the ingenious solutions found to a problem that Landrover know nothing about! The problem is unique to Gatwick Landrover. (never see it before and that £40 for the switches that diidnt fix the problem etc) moan moan!

Anyway

I have noted that if ign is switch off with the player in CD mode, the cassett seem to stay in. Its only when in Radio mode that units pops out. (I can guess what will happen today!) I think the problem must be something to do with a power spike and the solcution would be to smooth the power supply to the CD Changer. I think that the unit was made by Phillips but they all so dont make units with any faults!

I will let they group know if I have any sucess here.

Has anyone delveloped an effective way to remove the CD that gets stuck in the player when the chnager pops out? My methord is finger on eject and hold the CD Carrier in.

Cheers all

Reply to
Neil