Disco Cruise control

Hi All My 99 ser 11 Disco's cruise controll doesn't work. The on/off switch light comes on but that's it. Any idea's as to what could be wrong or where is a good place to start. Cheers Cappy

Reply to
Caploc

So Caploc was, like

Most common reason would be a split in the rubber pipe to the cruise actuator. Don't know where it is on the Disco; on the P38 it's under the bonnet on the LHS of the bulkhead. Dead easy fix. (Thanks David French - still grateful.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Diesel or petrol?

On the diesel the engine is completely "fly by wire", tell the ECU to cruise by fitting the switches (hence the cheap kit) and waggling them and it does. The petrol one needs acutators to physically move throttle linkages etc.

ISTR that just means that the switch has worked.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have had the vacuum pipe split in several places over the last few years. Its getting shorter and shorter!! Most common place is where it goes on the actuator, but check all of it. Richard

Reply to
Richard