Disco drivers footwell flooding...update

Hi folks, a few weeks back I posted on here asking for info and advice. I got it aplenty and once again I want to thank you all. I have finally stopped the leak! Simply I sealed all the outside edges on the windscreen seal and hey presto the footwell is drying nicely. I have to admit one thing which slowed me down was a 'mate' who said he had checked for me and it was definitely not the windscreen rubber! Still it is fixed now so once again thanks gang.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Hi,

When my Disco floods the footwells, it normally means it is time to clear out the air conditioning drain hoses! They pick up crud from the road, and the water can't bget out son ends up underneath the carpet!

Cheers! Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Hi Graham, luckily for me my 94 disco does not have ac, so I just have to watch the windscreen.....hopefully.

Reply to
cyberwraith

My 300Tdi Disco footwll (passenger) appears to have been filling with water which has run down the wiring loom which passes through the door pillar to the door mirror and electric window. Now that I have bundles of toilet roll taped just below the grommet I've managed to trap the water and the carpet has dried out!

I'm not sure how the water is getting into the door pillar in the first place.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

Check just above the door on the underside of the roof gutter. I did have a small hole there and so water was dripping down directly into the door seal. Also what about the window seals themselves on the door. My wiring appears to run through a rubber pipe from about the hinge height.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Ok, I'll have a look.

What seems to happen is that water runs down the wires and through the small gap between the wires and the rubber grommet (that is supposed to keep water out!).

I have removed the rubber bung/grommet and all the trim and have managed to trap any water which comes down the wire before it goes under the carpet and makes the underlay/sound-proofing stink. Now all I have to do is a) put everything back where it should be and fill up the hole in the grommet around the wires and b) stop the water getting into the door pillar in the first place. I shall have another look around the roof gutter.

Judith

Reply to
Judith

I have used a black silicon especially for window seals which is also a adhesive. That would be suitable for the replacement of the grommet and indeed would fill gaps between the wires? Maybe. I forget the actual make but if I remember I will get back, it was in a small tube similar to a glue tube.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Cheers

Reply to