Disco fob / c-locking / alarm update

Hello folks, well I have checked all the doors, switches, door toggles and they all work correctly. I have changed the batteries in the two key fobs and pressed them the required number of times, and still the situation has not changed. The central locking locks, the red LED inside the car flashes and the alarm works BUT the indicator lights are not flashing to show the alarm etc is set. The Land Ranger garage down the road says it is a door not closing. I am now at a point where there is nothing else that I can check and am wondering if I need to bother as the locking is working and the alarm seems to be ok? The only thing that I have not yet down because of the weather is I have not been able to remoce the door panels to check the springs, but as I have said the door toggels are retracting, and I checked the one that seemed to be remaining open a bit. It does not recess any farther into the door. So I guess this is it for a while until better weather allows better inspection. Thanks gang for your help and advice and if this does get sorted I will update.

Reply to
cyberwraith

As per previous posts, mine are still working ... BUT ... now, even with the refurb'd keyfob, occasionally the lights don't do the single unlocked flash.

They do, however, always do the three locked flashes, which I guess is the most important ... ;)

Be very interested if you ever get it sorted .. My guess is it's the lock position switches, but ICBA to pull the cards and delve inside unless it's a major fault .. I did the rear door little round spring once (actually I think I also did the passenger door but it was years ago) and that was enough ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

Does 'checked all the doors' also include any switches on the bonnet?

Reply to
Dougal

Yup I checked the bonnet switch also, wiring is on the to check list now but as I have said that can wait for better weather unless this is part of the MOT?

Reply to
cyberwraith

Electric sunroof?

Reply to
Oily

No sunroof just the 94 disco one 300 TDi.

Reply to
cyberwraith