Disco Head unit removal

Afternoon all,

Has anyone managed to make or adapt any tool that can be used to slot in the two small holes on the top of a stock LR head unit. Its in a Disco TD5, and I can't get anything thin or strong enough in there to do the job.

Of course RAVE talks about a special LR Tool, which is no doubt unavailable to us mere LR owners and costs a fortune.

VMTIA.

Mung.

Reply to
Mungo

If you're referring to the holes at the sides of the stereo (at the sides in my td5 not on top) then an Allen key is all you need.

Unscrew until they're loose and the radio flips out.

Egon

Reply to
Egon Spengler

I think you just use a standard "DIN" tool, a couple of Pounds/Dollars at a local auto sound store, or they may allow you to borrow it for the "parking lot".

Reply to
FrankTownend

"Egon Spengler" wrote

No, I don't think so, they're both on the top edge of the face, if you like.. about 6mm by 2mm slots. They appear to have some sort of catch inside.

I might try at the dealers to see if they'll loan me their special fandangle tool.

Thanks..

Mung.

Reply to
Mungo