Disco I 94: Window Regulator or Motor?

I brought my disco 94 into my mechanic(non land rover) to try to fix my front passenger and driverside window.. he ran an electric test he told me that he believes the motor is dead and told me to find one at a salvage and he would put them in... However I have heard this problem could be a regulator problem as well. Is it possible to find out if the window problem is a regualtor or a motor.. I would hate to buy one and it be the problem with the other.. Also does anyone have pages scanned from the land rover fix it manual dealing with the window? can someone also list some good land rover salvage companies that I could call to find these parts..

Cheers,

zb

Reply to
Mark W